Happiness is a subjective matter. What you have experienced in your life will subconsciously form your opinion about your idea of happiness. If you want to be happy, you have to decide that you want to be happy. As simple as that. If you complain of every small things in your life, you can not see the bigger picture and enjoy life the way it should be enjoyed.
There are some situations or problems that you can not change. If you can not change it, do not spend time thinking and trying to change it. You also don’t have the control over someone else’s minds and actions. Stop over-thinking things. Most of our problems are only created in our minds. In reality, the problem is not happening yet. Instead of worrying, just focus on the problems that you can handle right now. In short, happiness is all in your mind, your choice. It is all your own decision. Too often we expect our relationships to do something for us that we don’t realize that only we can offer ourselves. With clear aspirations and a decent work ethic, anyone can get more positive.
Everyday we’re all learning about what makes us happy. Happiness means different things to different people. Everyone has their own words to describe it. To me happiness is about harmony and being free, free from the negative things and thoughts that don’t serve us in life. I always try to enjoy the process of getting what I want and overcoming my problems. I want to be happy, no matter the circumstances. It’s a conscious decision to focus on those little things that make me happy to raise my happiness levels. It’s really important, especially on a tough day.
Here are a few ways you may be able to increase your own happiness:
1. Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals – every day
2. Focus on positive things
3. Meditate – it really changed my life. The best way to find inner peace, calm, energy and aliveness.
4. Just be yourself – be the unique being you were born to be. What values make you uniquely you? The more you can connect your actions to your values, the more happiness awaits you.
5. Make peace with your past – stop letting old patterns run you int he present day.
6. Stop thinking too much – worrying about the future, regretting the past, criticizing ourselves and others, these are some of the thinking patterns we can become unconsciously lost in for hours, days or even years
7. Keep learning –Developing an attitude where you are constantly learning is the best way of ensuring success in the fast-paced environment which we live in today.
8. Forgive – It’s not about forgetting but about letting go, about choosing positive emotions over negative ones. Write a forgiveness letter and set yourself free!
9. Have patience – it takes time, dedication and effort to achieve anything worthwhile.
10. Don’t ignore your inner voice – don’t be afraid to jump if the path in front of you indicates that one is necessary. Go find the place that you’re wishing for.
You are the master of your own happiness! Remember that!